New upgraded blue monitor! As recommended by the updated 2015 CPR Guidelines, Prestan® has taken its innovative and patented CPR Rate Monitor to the next level of quality feedback. When students are practicing CPR compressions on a Prestan® Adult Manikin, not only will they see when they have reached and are maintaining the minimum recommended speed of 100 cpm, they will also see when they reach the upper limit of 120 cpm. Light indicators are as follows:
- A red light indicates fewer than 60 compressions per minute.
- A yellow light illuminates when the rate is 60 to fewer than 80 compressions per minute.
- A single green light comes on when the student is administering 80 to fewer than 100 compressions per minute.
- Two green lights let students know that they have reached 100 to119 compressions per minute, and stay on to help students maintain that rate.
- Two green lights and a flashing yellow light indicates the student has reached 120+ compressions per minute and needs to slow down.