- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC and the 2015 American Heart Association and American Red Cross Update for First Aid
- Upon successful completion of the course, including a first aid skills demonstration and a CPR and AED skills test, students receive a Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED course completion card, which is valid for two years.
- Includes Heartsaver® First Aid Quick Reference Guide, Adult CPR AED Reminder Card, and Child and Infant CPR AED Reminder Card
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Perform as a team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child (optional)
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child (optional)
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant (optional)
- Describe how to use an AED on an infant (optional)
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant (optional)
- Manual dimensions: 8.375" x 10.875"
- 148 pages of full-color images and text
- Perfect bound within a full-color soft cover
- 5-panel Heartsaver® First Aid Quick Reference Guide: 4" x 6.5"
- 7-panel Adult CPR AED Reminder Card: 2.875" x 3.75"
- 8-panel Child and Infant CPR AED Reminder Card: 2.875" x 3.75"
- Language: Portuguese