- This product is non-returnable.
- The PALS Instructor Essentials Course is designed to prepare instructor candidates to teach AHA instructor-led and Blended Learning courses. The course educates instructor candidates on how to adequately use AHA instructor teaching materials, ensure that students meet learning objectives, offer student coaching skills, provide an objective skills performance evaluation, and follow AHA instructor and course policies.
- Covers core content and discipline-specific content required to teach AHA courses
- Taught in a blended-learning format; AHA PALS instructor candidates must complete the online portion, followed by the hands-on session conducted by PALS training center faculty.
- Prior to taking this course, candidates must have a current PALS Provider course completion card. Candidates who successfully complete the PALS Instructor Essentials course, followed by course monitoring, will receive a PALS instructor card, which is valid for two years. PALS instructors are then able to teach PALS Provider and HeartCode® PALS hands-on sessions, as well as the PEARS® instructor-led course.
- The course covers PALS Provider Instructor-Led Training (ILT); HeartCode® PALS Blended Learning, and PEARS® ILT.
- You must provide an e-mail address when ordering this product. A key and instructional information will be sent to you in order to activate the course online.
- Shipping and handling fees will be removed when the order is processed.
- Codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
Below are the detailed specifications for this product:
- Self-paced, accessible wherever Internet access is available
- Presented in two parts: Core and PALS; both must be completed unless Core has been completed as part of previous AHA instructor training.
- Includes interactive exercises and videos
- Includes Resource Center with access to AHA’s Program Administration Manual, the PALS Instructor Candidate Workbook, the PALS Instructor Essentials Classroom Checklist, and quick links to the AHA Instructor Network and cpr.heart.org
- Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully; certificate must be presented for access to the hands-on, faculty-led session.
- Students have access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned.
- Includes audio and subtitles for any students who may have a visual or auditory disability
- Continued education credits available