The web browser you are using is out of date. To ensure you do not encounter any issues checking out, please update or switch to a compatible browser.
This product has been replaced by the 2020 version, item #20-2846.
This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- Upon successful completion of the course, including a first aid skills demonstration, students receive a Heartsaver® First Aid course completion card, which is valid for two years.
- Please note, because this tool is electronic, there are no reminder cards; instead, all information is accessible electronically.
- Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
- The eBook cannot be printed.
- Includes electronic version of the First Aid Quick Reference Guide
- Minimum technical requirements are available at https://ebooks.heart.org/staticcms/support.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescue
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
For international customers only. This product is not to be used within the United States.
For FAQs, technical specifications, and more information on digital products, please see AHA Digital Product Information.