The web browser you are using is out of date. To ensure you do not encounter any issues checking out, please update or switch to a compatible browser.
- This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect updates to the Occupational Exposure to Bloodborne Pathogens Standard (29CFR 1910.1030), which is published by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Teaches employees how to protect themselves and others from being exposed to blood or blood-containing materials
- Designed for first-time or renewal bloodborne pathogens training
- Tech requirements are available at https://www.onlineaha.org/technical_requirements.
- Meets OSHA requirements when paired with site-specific bloodborne pathogen training
- You must provide an e-mail address when ordering this product. A key and instructional information will be sent to you in order to activate the course online.
- Shipping and handling fees will be removed when the order is processed.
- Codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the importance of taking the Heartsaver® Bloodborne Pathogens course
- Define bloodborne pathogens
- Describe the four main steps for staying safe when facing an occupational exposure
- Discuss how universal precautions, personal protective equipment, and handwashing can protect them from infection
- Recognize warning signs and labels for biohazards
- Recall how to safely remove gloves
- Discuss how to dispose of sharps and other blood-containing items
- Identify the types of spills and methods to clean them
- Discuss their exposure control plan
- Students have the convenience of completing the course at their own pace at work, home, or wherever Internet access is available.
- Can be used for initial or renewal training
- Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completedsuccessfully
- Students have access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned.
- Includes audio and transcript for students who may have a hearing or visual disability
- Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs.
- Navigation controls provide students with the flexibility to move easily through content and customize their learning experience.
CE Credits: Yes
Customers also bought: