- This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC and the 2015 American Heart Association and American Red Cross Update for First Aid
- Designed to teach students the cognitive information needed for first aid training
- Upon successful completion of both portions of the course, students receive a Heartsaver® First Aid course completion card, which is valid for two years.
- You must provide an e-mail address when ordering this product. A key and instructional information will be sent to you in order to activate the course online.
- Shipping and handling fees will be removed when the order is processed.
- Tech requirements are available at https://www.onlineaha.org/technical_requirements.
- Codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
- CEUs: Yes
- Course length: Online portion is about 3.5 hours; skills and hands on sessions are about 30 minutes.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescuer
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
- Students have the convenience of completing the course at their own pace at work, home, or wherever Internet access is available.
- Can be used for initial or renewal training
- Includes interactive exercises and videos to engage students and provide periodic points of knowledge transference
- Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully
- Students have access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned.
- Includes audio and transcript for students who may have a hearing or visual disability
- Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs.
- Navigation controls provide students with the flexibility to move easily through content and customize their learning experience.
Minimum technical requirements are available at https://elearning.heart.org/static/technicalspecs.