This product is non-returnable.
HeartCode BLS (Accessible) is the eLearning component of BLS blended learning for those who require WCAG 2.0 A and AA compliant features due to disabilities such as vision, hearing, or motor impairment.
Please contact your AHA Instructor or Training Center for more information regarding accessibility accommodations during the hands-on session required for full course completion.
This course uses the latest resuscitation science to teach BLS knowledge and skills through a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, critical thinking scenarios, self-directed learning, and interactive activities. This method of learning provides training consistency, adaptability to different learning styles, and flexibility for the student’s and employer’s time. Students can work at their own pace applying their knowledge to real-time decision making and skills development. Blended training also supports the need for hands-on learning of psychomotor skills.
Once the cognitive portion of the course has been completed, students practice and test their skills with an AHA Instructor.
After completing the eLearning component, students will attend a structured Instructor-led course (hands-on sessions are sold separately) that focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols and skills testing. Please contact your AHA Instructor or Training Center for more information regarding accessibility accommodation during the required hands-on session.
After successfully completing both the eLearning and hands-on session of the BLS Course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of team dynamics in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants