This IV trainer is easily attached to a person’s arm so the student can practice venipuncture techniques on a live subject, including the proper positioning on an actual human arm, without the risks associated with puncturing living tissue. Besides performing actual IV practice, the trainer helps students learn essential patient communication skills and patient interaction.
The Venatech IV trainer is ideal for practicing starting IVs in a moving ambulance.
The trainer includes the three main veins used in phlebotomy—cephalic, basilic, and median cubital—all in correct anatomical position. An arterial vessel is present on the trainer for arterial blood gas simulation, and can also be used as a tool for showing how to correct the puncture through a vein into an artery.
- Training capabilities in:
- proper positioning of a patient’s arm
- starting IVs
- arterial blood gas
- arterial puncture correction
- patient interaction skills
- Venatech IV trainer
- 20 cc syringe
- Synthetic blood concentrate, red
- Synthetic blood concentrate, blue
- Instructions for use
- Hard carrying case
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Dimensions: 6-3/4" x 3-1/4" x 1"