- The BLS course is geared toward emergency medical responders and EMTs, while the ALS course is ideal for AEMTs and paramedics.
- The Pediatric Assessment Triangle (PAT) represents the essence of the PEPP patient assessment method, which includes assessing appearance, work of breathing, and circulation to the skin.
- The Patient Assessment Flowchart provides students with an easy-to-understand reference of the pediatric patient assessment process.
- Case studies provide an opportunity for critical thinking and encourage students to consider how they would treat a similar case in the field.
- Procedures provide written step-by-step explanations and visual summaries of important BLS and ALS pediatric skills.
New to the 3rd edition:
- The textbook content addresses every pediatric-specific competency in the National EMS Education Standards.
- Shock and resuscitation content is covered in two separate chapters, placing more emphasis on these critical topics.
- A top-flight EMS author team working in conjunction with AAP physician reviewers ensures exceptional medical content with a “street” focus.