- This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC and the 2015 American Heart Association and American Red Cross Update for First Aid
- Designed to prepare students to provide first aid, CPR, and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in a safe, timely, and effective manner
- Designed to teach students the cognitive information needed for first aid, CPR, and AED training
- Upon completion of the online portion, students must complete a hands-on skills session with an AHA BLS or Heartsaver® instructor.
- You must provide an e-mail address when ordering this product. A key and instructional information will be sent to you in order to activate the course online.
- Shipping and handling fees will be removed when the order is processed.
- Tech requirements available at https://www.onlineaha.org/technical_requirements.
- Codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
- CEUs: Yes
- Course length: Online portion is about 4 hours and 45 minutes; skills and hands-on sessions are about 2.5 hours with optional modules included.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child (optional)
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child (optional)
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant (optional)
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant (optional)
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
- Students have the convenience of completing the course at their own pace at work, home, or wherever Internet access is available.
- Can be used for initial or renewal training
- Includes interactive exercises and videos to engage students and provide periodic points of knowledge transference
- Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully
- Students have access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned.
- Includes audio and transcript for students who may have a hearing or visual disability
- Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs.
- Navigation controls provide students with the flexibility to move easily through content and customize their learning experience.
Minimum technical requirements are available at https://elearning.heart.org/static/technicalspecs.