- This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC
- Teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in- and out-of-hospital settings
- Designed for healthcare providers and other personnel who must have a card documenting successful completion of a CPR course and who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings
- There is a separate supplementary tool included, the BLS Digital Reference Card. This is the electronic equivalent of the BLS Reference Card and will be automatically included with the purchase of the BLS Provider Manual eBook.
- Classroom-based (instructor and video)
- The eBook cannot be printed.
- Once available, access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–530pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
- Course details:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Written exam and skills test
- CME/CE Credit: No
The AHA’s eBooks Store supports online access via Internet browser or offline access on mobile devices using the AHA eBooks app or the offline reader, iPublishCentral.
For FAQs, technical specifications, and more information on digital products, please see AHA Digital Product Information.
- Language: Portuguese