The web browser you are using is out of date. To ensure you do not encounter any issues checking out, please update or switch to a compatible browser.
This product has been replaced by the 2020 version, item #20-2810.
This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- Heartsaver® courses are designed to prepare students to provide first aid, CPR, and automatedexternal defibrillator (AED) use in a safe, timely, and effective manner. These courses are designed to be flexible and customizable with optional modules.
- Please note: included with the purchase of the Instructor Manual eBook is the downloadable lesson plan PDF from the eBooks Store. There is no instructor CD. All supplementary material will be posted on CPRverify, www.cprverify.org.
- Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
- The eBook cannot be printed.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescue
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Perform as a team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child (optional)
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant (optional)
- Describe how to use an AED on an infant (optional)
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant (optional)
For international customers only. This product is not to be used within the United States.