- This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC
- The course covers topics including treating bleeding, allergic reactions, broken bones and sprains, seizures, and additional first aid emergencies. This course also includes child CPR and AED use, infant CPR, and an optional module in adult CPR and AED use.
- Intended for those involved in child care who have a duty to respond to illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. This audience includes child care workers, teachers, foster care workers, camp counselors, youth organizations, and coaches for children’s sports organizations. This course is also ideal for parents, grandparents, babysitters, and guardians.
- Please note, because this tool is electronic, there are no separate supplementary tools (e.g., reference cards, guides); instead, all information is accessible electronically.
- Upon successful completion of the course, including a first aid, CPR, and AED skills test, students receive a Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid CPR AED course completion card, which is valid for two years.
- The eBook cannot be printed.
- Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of a rescuer providing first aid to a child or infant
- Describe the four key steps in first aid for children and infants: prevent, protect, assess, and act
- Remove protective gloves (skill student will demonstrate)
- Find the problem (skill student will demonstrate)
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, and shock
- Control bleeding and bandaging (skills student will demonstrate)
- Use an epinephrine pen (skill student will demonstrate)
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to pediatric first aid rescuers
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult (optional)
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult (optional)
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
Minimum technical requirements are available at https://ebooks.heart.org/staticcms/support.
FOR U.S. CUSTOMERS ONLY
- 200 pages
- ISBN: 978-0-61669-510-1
Customers also bought:
Regular Price US$99.00
Your Price US$74.25