- This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- Upon successful completion, including a first aid skills demonstration and a CPR and AED skills test, students receive a Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED course completion card, which is valid for two years.
- Please note, because this tool is electronic, there are no reminder cards; instead, all information is accessible electronically.
- Includes electronic version of the First Aid Quick Reference Guide, Adult CPR AED Reminder Card, and Child & Infant CPR AED Reminder Card
- The eBook cannot be printed.
- Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours of orders placed between 730am-530pm CST Monday-Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescue
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Perform as a team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child (optional)
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant (optional)
- Describe how to use an AED on an infant (optional)
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant (optional)
FOR U.S. CUSTOMERS ONLY
For FAQs, technical specifications, and more information on digital products, please see AHA Digital Product Information.