Please see our comprehensive list of resources below from our vendors and key partners. We’re committed to providing you the resources you need during this pandemic.
American Heart Association Resources:
- American Heart Association COVID-19 Resource Page
- Features live chat on COVID-19
- What heart patients should know about coronavirus — Lea en español
- Resources to maintain healthy lifestyle amidst COVID-19 outbreak
- COVID-19 Resources for CPR Training & Resuscitation
- Interim Guidance for Basic and Advanced Life Support in Adults, Children, and Neonates With Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
- Interim CPR guidelines address challenges of providing resuscitation during COVID-19 pandemic
Simulation training for COVID-19 readiness webinar series
Learn to use 3 free scenarios developed in collaboration with Ingmar Medical, that can be run as an individual scenario or back to back in series. The scenarios focus on key decisions regarding the care and management of:
- A patient who continues to deteriorate on noninvasive treatments
- A ventilated patient with desynchrony caused by their respiratory drive
- A sedated and paralyzed patient on a ventilator with a high CO2 level
Hospital Preparedness for Managing Coronavirus
Developed by the CAE Healthcare Academy with Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Stefan Monk, this webinar covers:
- Review of Available COVID-19 Resources
- Overview on Coronavirus 2019
- Managing Infection Control Practices (ICP)
- Preparedness Checklists
- Simulated Coronavirus Experience
VentiSim Mechanical Ventilator Simulator 2.0 Demo
SimVS has been updated for the COVID-19 pandemic, our universal simulation solution provides realistic patient ventilator monitor training.
- Works with high-fidelity manikins
- Features 10 pre-programmed respiratory scenarios
- Includes: tablets, router, scenario library and more
- Compatible with Android and Apple iOS devices
How to properly disinfect your manikins:
- Please wear gloves while disinfecting your manikins.
- Wipe down with soap and water, alcohol wipes, manikin-specific wipes, or any other disinfecting agent*. Make sure you wipe the body and face of each manikin thoroughly.
- If a face shield or lung bag has been used, please dispose of pre-disinfecting and replace post-disinfecting.
*Please reference your manikin's user manual for compatible cleaning products as some chemicals can damage manikin skin.
What can I do while at home?
- Disinfect your manikins
- Let family and friends know they can learn CPR while at home with CPR Anytime®
- Learn Bleeding Control! Try our interactive course today.
- Find a Training Center that is providing virtual training and get CPR certified today!
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Resource Page
- World Health Organization Simulation Exercise
- Nasco Healthcare Support Resources
- Free Online Virtual Training
- Links for Healthcare Professionals
- Nasco Customer Commitment
- Laerdal COVID-19 Resource Page
- Complimentary simulation scenarios
- Safety procedures
- Checklists for healthcare providers
- 3B Scientific
- Study Auscultation at Home for Free! 3B Scientific and Cardionics are offering a free 60-day account for the SAM Online platform to support students while studying from home due to the increasing COVID-19 spread and the measures taken to keep everyone save.
Last Updated: Monday, April 13, 2020