- This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect the 2015 AHA Guidelines educational methodologies and BLS and Heartsaver® courses
- BLS Instructor Essential is the self-directed, online portion of the BLS Instructor Essentials Blended Learning course. It covers the components of the instructor cycle, including Prepare, Teach, Test & Remediate, Close, and Keep Current. It includes core information about instructing AHA courses, followed by course-specific information
- This course must be completed by candidates who wish to become AHA BLS instructors. Also, all AHA faculty (regional and training center) who conduct BLS Instructor courses must complete BLS Instructor Essentials Online (core and BLS modules) prior to conducting BLS instructor training.
- Continuing education credits available
- Course length is about 2 hours, depending on the student.
- Tech requirements are available at https://www.onlineaha.org/technical_requirements.
- Shipping and handling charges will be removed when the order is processed.
- Codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
- You must provide an e-mail address when ordering this product. A key and instructional information will be sent to you in order to activate the course online.
The process before receiving a BLS instructor card is:
- Be accepted by an AHA training center and have a candidate application on file with that TC
- Candidates must have a current BLS Provider course completion card.
- Successfully complete the BLS Instructor Essentials Online Course
- Successfully complete the hands-on session conducted by BLS training center faculty with use of DVD (#15-1067)
- Successfully complete the course monitoring
- Register and be confirmed on the AHA Instructor Network
BLS Instructor Essentials Online covers:
- BLS Provider Instructor-Led Training (ILT)
- HeartCode® BLS Blended Learning
- Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED ILT and Blended Learning
- Heartsaver® CPR AED ILT and Blended Learning
- Heartsaver® First Aid ILT and Blended Learning
- Heartsaver® Pediatric First Aid CPR AED ILT and Blended Learning
- Presented in 2 parts: Core & BLS (Both must be completed.)
- Includes Resource Center with access to AHA’s Program Administration Manual, the BLS Instructor Candidate Workbook, the BLS Instructor Essentials Classroom Checklist, and quick links to the AHA Instructor Network and cpr.heart.org
- Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully; certificate must be presented for access to the hands-on, faculty-led session.
- Access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key
- Includes audio and subtitles for any students who may have visual or auditory disability
Customers also bought:
Regular Price US$50.00
Your Price US$35.00