The web browser you are using is out of date. To ensure you do not encounter any issues checking out, please update or switch to a compatible browser.
- Updated to reflect the new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- Designed for healthcare providers and others who might encounter pediatric emergency situations during their work
- Includes one PEARS® Pocket Reference Card with the following information:
- Vital Signs in Children
- Pediatric Systematic Approach Summary
- Pediatric Systematic Approach Algorithm
- Identifying Respiratory Emergencies
- Pediatric Management of Respiratory Emergencies Flowchart
- Identifying Circulatory Emergencies (Shock)
- Pediatric Management of Shock Flowchart
- BLS Healthcare Provider Pediatric Cardiac Arrest Algorithm for the SingleRescuer—2015 Update
- A code within the manual also provides access to the PEARS® student website, which contains additional information and reference materials to help students successfully complete course requirements.
- International English (IVE) materials have been adapted for training outside the USA, Canada, and Puerto Rico. IVE training materials have been updated to include metric units of measure and other global references that do not apply to students in the USA, Canada, or Puerto Rico.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
- Perform BLS consistent with the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Evaluate a seriously ill or injured child by using the pediatric systematic approach
- Apply effective team dynamics
- Demonstrate initial stabilization of a seriously ill or injured child, including a child with cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, or shock
- 208 pages
- ISBN: 978-1-61669-627-6