Course length: Online portion is about 1 hour and 45 minutes; skills and hands-on sessions are about 45–90 minutes (45 minutes if only teaching adult CPR AED).
- This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Designed to teach students the cognitive information needed for CPR and AED training
- Upon completion of the online portion, students must complete a hands-on session with an AHA BLS or Heartsaver® instructor.
- You must provide an e-mail address when ordering this product. A key and instructional information will be sent to you in order to activate the course online.
- Shipping and handling fees will be removed when the order is processed.
- Tech requirements are available at https://www.onlineaha.org/technical_requirements.
- Codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
- Course length: Online portion is about 1 hour and 45 minutes; skills and hands-on sessions are about 45–90 minutes (45 minutes if only teaching adult CPR AED).
After successfully completing this course, students will be able to:·
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child (optional)
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child (optional)
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant (optional)
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant (optional)
- Students have the convenience of completing the course at their own pace at work, home, or wherever Internet access is available.
- Can be used for initial or renewal training
- Includes interactive exercises and videos to engage students and provide periodic points of knowledge transference
- Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully
- Students have access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned.
- Includes audio and transcript for students who may have a hearing or visual disability
- Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs.
- Navigation controls provide students with the flexibility to move easily through content and customize their learning experience.
Minimum technical requirements are available at https://elearning.heart.org/static/technicalspecs.
- Intel Pentium 4.1 GHz, PowerPCc G5 1.8 GHz,
- or Intel Core Duo 1.33 GHz
- Operating Systems
- Laptop/PC: Windows XP (SP3), Windows 7, Windows 8
- Tablets: Apple iOS 6/7/8, Android (4.1 KitKat, 5.0 Lollipop), Microsoft RT
- 2 GB minimum ( 4 GB recommended)
- 1024 x 768
- Supporting required resolution
- Color Resolution
- 32 bit high color or higher
- Laptop/PC: Latest versions of Google Chrome (recommended), Internet Explorer 11, Edge, Firefox, Safari
- Tablets: Chrome, Firefox, and Safari
- Flash 10.3 plug-in or higher for Internet Explorer
- 2 Mbps minimum, LAN or T1 recommended