- This product is non-returnable.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- PALS uses a series of videos and simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes.
- HeartCode® PALS is an online comprehensive eLearning program that uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development.
- To enter the course, students must complete the PALS Precourse Self-Assessment. Students are then presented with 12 in-hospital patient cases and a team dynamics lesson. Cases may be repeated as many times as necessary to pass. Upon successful completion of all the patient cases, students must pass the multiple-choice exam with a minimum score of 84%.
- You must provide an e-mail address when ordering this product. A key and instructional information will be sent to you in order to activate the course online.
- Shipping and handling fees will be removed when the order is processed.
- Tech requirements available at https://www.onlineaha.org/technical_requirements.
- Codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
- Perform high-quality child CPR AED and infant CPR per AHA BLS recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between respiratory distress and failure
- Perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post-cardiac arrest management
- PALS Precourse Self-Assessment to evaluate learner's ability to integrate both rhythm interpretation and use of pharmacologic agents
- 12 interactive hospital-based patient scenarios (Individual scenarios within each case may vary depending on the learner to maximize the learning opportunities and mimic the variation of real-life scenarios.)
- A team dynamics lesson on basic team principles and integrating these principles in a simulated code
- Summary of critical concepts provided for each eSimulation case
- Virtual debriefings provided immediately after each eSimulation
- Online access to the PALS Provider Manual and the 2015 Handbook of ECC
- A multiple-choice, 50-question exam to test cognitive knowledge
- Certificate of completion available to print after the HeartCode® PALS modules, exam, and course evaluation have been completed successfully.
- Access to all information included in HeartCode® PALS for 24 months following activation of course
- eSimulations cases: 2 airway obstruction, 4 shock, lung tissue disease, bradycardia, supraventricular tachycardia, PEA/asystole ,and VF/VT
Card Type: PALS Provider Course Card
CE/CME credits: Yes
Tech requirements: http://www.onlineaha.org/technical_requirements
Customers also bought:
Regular Price US$50.00
Your Price US$37.50