AHA Digital Product Information
Q. What is an eBook?
A. American Heart Association (AHA) eBooks allow users to read publications on personal computers and mobile devices. Users can read eBooks online or download them for offline reading.
Q. What is a course digital video?
A. AHA course digital videos are available in streaming/downloadable format and feature the same content as the course DVDs. This format allows instructors to stream course digital videos online or download them on the AHA eBooks Reader app and is an alternative option to DVDs and DVD players. Course digital videos are to be used by AHA instructors teaching courses.
Q. What are my rights to the content?
When you purchase an eBook or redeem an access code, you are obtaining the right to read the content online as well as download it to your own device to be accessed offline. These rights are subject to technology conditions and limitations as well contractual agreements between the AHA and its vendors.
When you purchase a digital video or redeem an access code, you are obtaining the right to watch the content online or in the AHA eBook Reader App. Your access to purchased digital videos will not expire but new editions of the product will need to be purchased separately. These rights are subject to technology conditions and limitations as well as contractual agreements between the AHA and its vendors.
Q. If the science in an eBook changes, or if there are updates to the course details before the new edition releases, will I receive updates automatically?
A. Individual AHA eBooks are updated if/when there are major science changes, the course details change, errors occur, or other updates are needed for the edition of the book purchased. Otherwise, supplementary materials with minor changes will be provided. When a new edition of an eBook is officially released, it is considered a new product and the previous edition becomes outdated. You will have to purchase a new edition whenever they become available.
Q. Can I share my eBooks and course digital videos among multiple users?
A. AHA eBooks and course digital videos are linked to an individual’s eBookstore account. The AHA does not condone the sharing of username/login credentials among multiple users.
Q. What is the device limit for eBooks and course digital videos?
A. Your AHA eBookstore account can be logged into a maximum of three devices at once. If you attempt to login into any additional devices, you will be prompted to remove a device from your account. Devices can be managed in the Profile section of the eBookstore under Device List or you can remove devices by logging out on the device you wish to remove. Course digital videos and eBooks are for single users and are intended to be viewed on one device at a time.
Q. What types of files are eBooks and course digital videos and what are their restrictions?
A. Additional information about AHA eBooks:
- AHA eBooks are encrypted PDF/ePub2 files.
- AHA course digital videos are .mp4 files.
- You can download eBooks to the AHA eBook Reader app on your personal computer for offline viewing (PC or Mac). You cannot use a third-party application to read AHA eBooks.
- AHA eBooks cannot be printed.
- eBooks purchased through the AHA eBookstore cannot be read on Apple’s iBook app or any other third-party readers (e.g. Kindle, Barnes and Noble eReader, Stanza, Mobipocket Reader, Microsoft Reader). They must be accessed through the AHA eBook Reader app or online.
- eBooks and course digital videos purchased on the AHA eBookstore cannot be copied to a flash drive.
Platforms that support eBooks and course digital videos
- Chrome – Version 70 and above
- Firefox – Version 65 and above
- Safari – Version 12 and above
- Internet Explorer – Version 11 and above
- iOS device browsers – Version 11 and above
- Android device browsers – Version 9.0 and above
- iOS App: AHA eBook Reader app can be installed on iPhones and iPads with iOS version 11 and above.
- Android App: AHA eBook Reader app can be installed on tablets and smartphones with Androids OS version 9.0 and above.
- Mac App: AHA eBook Reader app can be installed macOS version 10.12 Sierra and above.
Note: To ensure the best website and app functionality, please make sure to use the most recent browser version or operating system. The website and app may be accessed on older versions, but functionality may not be optimal.
Download the latest version of the Windows/iOs/Android AHA eBook Reader App to enjoy the full functionality of eBooks and Digital Videos. The latest version of the Mac App will be available soon.