- This product is non-returnable.
- The ACLS Instructor Essentials course is designed to prepare instructor candidates to teach AHA instructor-led and Blended Learning courses. The course educates instructor candidates on how to adequately use AHA instructor teaching materials, ensure that students meet learning objectives, offer student coaching skills, provide an objective skills performance evaluation, and follow AHA instructor and course policies.
- The course covers core content and discipline-specific content required to teach AHA courses.
- The ACLS Instructor Essentials course is taught in a blended-learning format. AHA ACLS instructor candidates must complete the online portion, followed by the hands-on session conducted by ACLS training center faculty.
- Prior to taking this course, candidates must have a current ACLS Provider course completion card. Candidates who successfully complete the ACLS Instructor Essentials course, followed by course monitoring, will receive an ACLS instructor card, which is valid for two years. ACLS instructors are then able to teach ACLS Provider and HeartCode® ACLS hands-on sessions.
- The course covers ACLS Provider Instructor-Led Training (ILT) and HeartCode® ACLS Blended Learning
- You must provide an e-mail address when ordering this product. A key and instructional information will be sent to you in order to activate the course online.
- Shipping and handling fees will be removed when the order is processed.
- Codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
Below are the detailed specifications for this product:
- Self-paced, accessible wherever Internet access is available
- Presented in two parts: Core and ACLS (Both must be completed unless Core has been completed as part of previous AHA instructor training.)
- Includes interactive exercises and videos
- Includes Resource Center with access to AHA’s Program Administration Manual, the ACLS Instructor Candidate Workbook, the ACLS Instructor Essentials Classroom Checklist, and quick links to the AHA Instructor Network and cpr.heart.org
- Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully; certificate must be presented for access to the hands-on, faculty-led session.
- Students have access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned.
- Includes audio and subtitles for any students who may have a visual or auditory disability
- Continued education credits available