The web browser you are using is out of date. To ensure you do not encounter any issues checking out, please update or switch to a compatible browser.
This product is non-returnable.
The Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Instructor Manual eBook is the digital version of the printed Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Instructor Manual. It includes essential information and Lesson Plans that AHA BLS and Heartsaver Instructors need to teach AHA’s Heartsaver courses, including the classroom and online/blended learning versions of the courses, for both the Heartsaver and Heartsaver Total course paths.
With additional teaching flexibility, the manual also provides sample course paths by audience (Office, Educator) to demonstrate how training can be customized for students.
This product is for use by a single BLS or Heartsaver Instructor conducting Heartsaver courses.
PLEASE NOTE: Because this tool is digital, there are no separate supplementary tools (e.g., reference cards, guides); instead, all information is accessible digitally through the AHA’s eBooks Store. The AHA’s eBooks Store supports online access via Internet browser or offline access on mobile devices using the AHA eBooks app or the offline reader, iPublishCentral.
- Reflects the latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
- Provide students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of first aid and/or CPR and use of an AED.
- Empower students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community
- With online, onsite, and classroom training* in two course paths (Heartsaver and Heartsaver Total), these courses offer flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs. (*Training options may vary by Training Center)
- The shorter Heartsaver core course path offers the flexibility to add optional topics, while Heartsaver Total is designed for those requiring OSHA or other regulatory agency compliant training.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing the CPR AED portion of this course, students should be able to
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concept of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Demonstrate giving effective breaths by using mouth to mouth or a mask for all ages
- Demonstrate performing high-quality CPR for an adult, a child, and an infant
- Demonstrate using an AED on an adult and on a child
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
After successfully completing the first aid portion, students should be able to
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Demonstrate removing protective gloves
- Demonstrate finding the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for these life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult, child, or infant
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant
- Demonstrate how to use an epinephrine pen
- Demonstrate how to control bleeding and apply bandaging
- Recognize elements of common illnesses and injuries
- Describe the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle and the risks of smoking and vaping
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed Friday after 5pm CST, a code will be emailed Monday morning.
For FAQs, technical specifications, and more information on digital products, please see AHA Digital Product Information.
This version is not compliant with the data privacy regulations under the (EU) European Union and should not be purchased for use in: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia (Czech Republic), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City