The web browser you are using is out of date. To ensure you do not encounter any issues checking out, please update or switch to a compatible browser.
IVE (International Version English) is the preferred and accepted format for International English-based training. All AHA Distributors should sell the IVE version of a product. If the IVE version is unavailable, then defer to the English version. IVE training materials have been updated to include metric units of measure and other global references that do not apply to students in the USA and Canada.
This product is non-returnable.
The Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course Digital Videos contains the required videos AHA BLS and Heartsaver Instructors need to teach AHA’s Heartsaver courses, including the Instructor-led and online/blended learning versions of the course paths for both the Heartsaver and Heartsaver Total. The digital format allows Instructors to stream course videos with an internet connection and the ability to download videos for offline use.
The Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course Digital Videos are to be used by a single AHA BLS or Heartsaver Instructor to teach the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED, Heartsaver CPR AED, and Heartsaver First Aid classroom courses and to conduct skills practice and testing for Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED online/blended learning. Instructors can select the version of the course they are teaching from a dropdown menu.
- Reflects the latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
- Provide students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of first aid and/or CPR and use of an AED.
- Empower students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community
- With online, onsite, and classroom training* in two course paths (Heartsaver and Heartsaver Total), these courses offer flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs. (*Training options may vary by Training Center.)
- The shorter Heartsaver core course path offers the flexibility to add optional topics, while Heartsaver Total is designed for those requiring OSHA or other regulatory agency compliant training.
Course Learning Objectives*:
After successfully completing the CPR AED portion of this course, students should be able to
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from other bystanders
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- Use an AED on a child
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Help a choking infant
- Describe how to help someone with drug overdose emergencies
- Describe the techniques that help prevent drowning emergencies
After successfully completing the first aid portion, students should be able to
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves (a skill students will demonstrate)
- Find the problem (a skill students will demonstrate)
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen (a skill students will demonstrate)
- Control bleeding and bandaging (a skill students will demonstrate)
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe the risks of smoking and vaping and the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
*NOTE: Course objectives vary based on the course path chosen. (Heartsaver or Heartsaver Total)
Content cannot be printed.
For technical information and requirements, please visit https://elearning.heart.org/courseTechnicalRequirement
Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
This product is not to be purchased, sold, transported, or used for training anywhere in the USA or Canada.
For FAQs, technical specifications, and more information on digital products, please see AHA Digital Product Information.
This version is not compliant with the data privacy regulations under the (EU) European Union and should not be purchased for use in: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia (Czech Republic), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City