2020 AHA International PALS Provider Manual eBook
Electronic equivalent of the IVE PALS Provider Manual, designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients.
IVE (International Version English) is the preferred and accepted format for International English-based training. All AHA Distributors should sell the IVE version of a product. If the IVE version is unavailable, then defer to the English version. IVE training materials have been updated to include metric units of measure and other global references that do not apply to students in the USA and Canada.
This course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- Designed for a single user, this eBook contains all the information students need to successfully complete the AHA IVE PALS Course before, during, and after class.
Includes the AHA PALS IVE Digital Reference Card (JN-1028), a quick, convenient tool that healthcare professionals can access during the PALS course and in a variety of healthcare settings.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing the PALS Course, students should be able to:
- Perform high quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) per AHA basic life support (BLS) recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between and perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post–cardiac arrest management
Content cannot be printed.
Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm Central Time Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm Central Time, code will be emailed Monday morning.
For FAQs, technical specifications, and more information on digital products, please see our AHA Information page.
This product is not to be purchased, sold, transported, or used for training anywhere in the USA or Canada.
This version is not compliant with the data privacy regulations under the (EU) European Union and should not be purchased for use in: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia (Czech Republic), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City