IVE is the preferred and accepted format for International English-based training. All AHA Distributors should sell the IVE version of a product. If the IVE version is unavailable, then defer to the English version. IVE training materials have been updated to include metric units of measure and other global references that do not apply to students in the USA, Canada, or Puerto Rico.
This course is designed for healthcare providers who either direct or participate in the management of respiratory and/or cardiovascular emergencies and cardiopulmonary arrest in pediatric patients.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- Contains all the information students need to successfully complete the AHA PALS Course.
- Includes the AHA’s PALS Reference Card (JN-1027), a convenient, quick reference tool that healthcare professionals can access during the PALS Course and in a variety of healthcare settings.
- This course uses precourse preparation, didactic instruction, and active participation in learning stations and simulated cases to enhance the recognition and intervention of respiratory emergencies, shock, and cardiopulmonary arrest.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing the PALS Course, students should be able to:
- Perform high quality cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) per AHA basic life support (BLS) recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between and perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post–cardiac arrest management
This product is not to be purchased, sold, transported, or used for training anywhere in the USA, PR, or Canada.
For FAQs, technical specifications, and more information on digital products, please see AHA Digital Product Information.