The web browser you are using is out of date. To ensure you do not encounter any issues checking out, please update or switch to a compatible browser.
IVE (International Version English) is the preferred and accepted format for International English-based training. All AHA Distributors should sell the IVE version of a product. If the IVE version is unavailable, then defer to the English version. IVE training materials have been updated to include metric units of measure and other global references that do not apply to students in the USA and Canada.
The Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Student Workbook contains all the information a student needs to successfully complete the Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Course which includes two course path options, Heartsaver or Heartsaver Total. This workbook is also available in eBook format (#20-2809).
Designed for a single user, this text is a valuable reference tool before, during, and after the course. The workbook includes a bonus Heartsaver First Aid Reference Guide and reminder cards.
- Reflects the latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
- Provides students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of first aid, CPR, and use of an AED.
- Empowers students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community.
- Within the online course option, and instructor-led course option*, there are two paths (Heartsaver and Heartsaver Total), this course offers flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs. (*Training options may vary by Training Center)
- The Heartsaver core course path is a shorter option that offers the flexibility to add optional topics. The Heartsaver Total course path is designed for those requiring regulatory agency compliant training.
The Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED Reference Guide provides a convenient, quick reference tool for individuals and workplaces.
This paneled guide provides critical information for adults in an easily accessible, simple format. Information includes:
- Signs of several first aid emergencies (“What you see”)
- Actions to take in those emergencies (“What you do”)
- Checking the victim, severe allergic reaction
- Adult CPR, AED and Choking
- Severe allergic reactions
- Heart attack, stroke
- Shock and external bleeding
Course Learning Objectives*:
After successfully completing the CPR AED portion of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from other bystanders
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Use an AED on an adult
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child
- Use an AED on a child
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child
- Help a choking infant
- Describe how to help someone with drug overdose emergencies
- Describe the techniques that help prevent drowning emergencies
After successfully completing the first aid portion, students should be able to
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves (a skill students will demonstrate)
- Find the problem (a skill students will demonstrate)
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen (a skill students will demonstrate)
- Control bleeding and bandaging (a skill students will demonstrate)
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe the risks of smoking and vaping and the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
NOTE: Course objectives vary based on the course path chosen. (Heartsaver or Heartsaver Total)