The web browser you are using is out of date. To ensure you do not encounter any issues checking out, please update or switch to a compatible browser.
This product is non-returnable.
The digital format of the BLS Course Video features the same content as the BLS DVD. The BLS DVD is no longer offered. The digital format allows Instructors to stream with an internet connection or download for offline use, once downloaded.
This product is to be used by BLS Instructors to teach the BLS Provider Course, BLS Renewal Course, and to conduct skills practice and testing sessions for HeartCode® BLS. BLS Instructors can choose one of two tracks, in-facility or prehospital, based on their specific student audience. Instructors can select the version of the course they are teaching from a dropdown menu. The BLS Course Video is intended for use by a single BLS Instructor conducting BLS courses. All International instructors in the discipline are required to have their own BLS Course Video.
The goal of the BLS Course is to train participants to save the lives of victims in cardiac arrest through high-quality CPR. The AHA designed the BLS Course to teach healthcare professionals how to perform high-quality CPR individually or as part of a team. BLS skills are applicable to any healthcare setting. BLS students will learn rescue techniques for adults, children, and infants.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chains of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chains of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilation by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for an adult, a child, and an infant