The web browser you are using is out of date. To ensure you do not encounter any issues checking out, please update or switch to a compatible browser.
This product is non-returnable.
The BLS Provider Manual eBook is the electronic equivalent of the AHA’s printed BLS Provider Manual. It offers an alternative to the printed manual and contains all the information students need to successfully complete the BLS Course. Designed for a single user, this text is ideal for use as a reference tool before and after the BLS Course.
At this time, the Arabic BLS Provider Manual eBook is available to read online through an open browser either on a computer or mobile phone, only. Students will soon be able to download and read offline through the AHA eBook Reader from a computer or phone browser window. More details to come.
Included with the BLS Provider Manual is the AHA’s BLS Reference eCard. This is a convenient, quick reference tool that healthcare professionals can access during the BLS Course and in a variety of healthcare settings. This paneled Reference Card includes:
- CAB/Critical Concepts
- Adult Basic Life Support Algorithm for Healthcare Providers
- Opioid-Associated Emergency for Healthcare Providers Algorithm
- Adult Basic Life Support in Pregnancy for Healthcare Providers
- Pediatric Basic Life Support Algorithm for Healthcare Providers-Single Rescuer
- Pediatric Basic Life Support Algorithm for Healthcare Providers-2 or More Rescuers
- Summary of High-Quality CPR Components for BLS Providers
- Relief of Foreign-Body Airway Obstruction
The goal of the BLS Course is to train participants to save the lives of victims in cardiac arrest through high-quality CPR. The AHA designed the BLS Course to teach healthcare professionals how to perform high-quality CPR individually or as part of a team. BLS skills are applicable to any healthcare setting. BLS students will learn rescue techniques for adults, children, and infants.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chains of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chains of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilation by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for an adult, a child, and an infant
Content cannot be printed.
Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning.
For FAQs, technical specifications, and more information on digital products, please see AHA Digital Product Information.
This version is not compliant with the data privacy regulations under the (EU) European Union and should not be purchased for use in: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia (Czech Republic), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City