The goal of the BLS Course is to train participants to save the lives of victims in cardiac arrest through high-quality CPR. The AHA designed the BLS Course to teach healthcare professionals how to perform high-quality CPR individually or as part of a team. BLS skills are applicable to any healthcare setting. BLS students will learn rescue techniques for adult, children, and infants.
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2020 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR & ECC
- This course is designed for healthcare providers and trained first responders who provide care to patients in a wide variety of settings or by those in a healthcare training program.
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Content cannot be printed.
Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm CST Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm CST, code will be emailed Monday morning
For FAQs, technical specifications, and more information on digital products, please see AHA Digital Product Information.
This version is not compliant with the data privacy regulations under the (EU) European Union and should not be purchased for use in: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia (Czech Republic), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City