The web browser you are using is out of date. To ensure you do not encounter any issues checking out, please update or switch to a compatible browser.
This product is non-returnable
The BLS Instructor Manual eBook is the electronic equivalent of an AHA BLS Instructor Manual. This Instructor Manual eBook includes essential information and resources such as lesson plans, agendas and checklists, that AHA BLS Instructors need to teach the BLS Course.
The goal of the BLS Course is to train participants to save the lives of victims in cardiac arrest through high-quality CPR. The AHA designed the BLS Course to teach healthcare professionals how to perform high-quality CPR individually or as part of a team. BLS skills are applicable to any healthcare setting. BLS students will learn rescue techniques for adult, children, and infants.
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chains of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chains of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilation by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for an adult, a child, and an infant
For FAQs, technical specifications, and more information on digital products, please see AHA Digital Product Information.
This version is not compliant with the data privacy regulations under the (EU) European Union and should not be purchased for use in: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia (Czech Republic), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City