The web browser you are using is out of date. To ensure you do not encounter any issues checking out, please update or switch to a compatible browser.
Please note: This item is not for International use; it is intended for U.S. use only.
The Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course Videos on USB feature the same content as the Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED DVD Set and Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course Digital Videos. The convenient USB digital format includes the required video segments for the classroom-based and blended learning options of the Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course. The USB allows Instructors to access course videos with the USB and does not require an internet connection.
The Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED Course Videos on USB are to be used by a single AHA BLS or Heartsaver Instructor to teach the Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED classroom course and to conduct skills practice and testing for Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED blended learning. Instructors can select the version of the course they are teaching from a dropdown menu.
- Reflects the latest science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC),
- Provides students the highest quality training in the lifesaving skills of first aid, CPR, and how to use an AED with emphasis on emergencies that occur with children and infants
- Courses empower students to act with confidence in the event of an emergency at work, home, or in the community
- With online, onsite, and classroom training* in two course paths (Heartsaver Pediatric and Heartsaver Pediatric Total), these courses offer flexibility for Training Centers, Instructors, and students to select the appropriate training solution to fit their needs. ( *Training options may vary by Training Center)
- The shorter Heartsaver Pediatric core course path offers the flexibility to add optional topics, while Heartsaver Total is designed for childcare professionals and those requiring OSHA or other regulatory agency compliant training
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- List the duties, roles, and responsibilities of a first aid rescuer
- Describe the 4 key steps in pediatric first aid: prevent, protect, assess, and act
- Remove protective gloves (skill students will demonstrate)
- Find the problem (skill students will demonstrate)
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, and shock
- Control bleeding and bandaging (skills students will demonstrate)
- Use an epinephrine pen (skill students will demonstrate)
- Recognize elements of common illnesses and injuries
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Describe the risks of smoking and vaping and the benefits of a healthy lifestyle
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize when someone needs CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for all age groups
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on children and adults
- Describe when and how to help someone who is choking
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
Product Technical Specifications:
- USB Mass Storage device class standard supported natively by modern operating systems such as Windows, Linux, macOS, and others.
- USB requires a device with a USB port and must remain inserted in port to access video.USB Includes encryption and a portable media player loaded directly to the USB unit itself eliminating the need for player downloads or additional purchases.
- Gigabyte White Swivel Drive, Blue Body, Printed 2 sides
- Copy-Protected "Protect Soft" USB Drive with Lynx Player Software
- ALCOR Chipset
- Copy-Protected "Protect Soft" USB Drive with Lynx Player Software:
- Content Dropped onto Normal Partition on USB Drive
- Cannot Delete Partition or Content
- Can Copy Content onto other Devices but will not work as USB Drive is the Key/License that opens Software, must have USB to play video
- Lynx Player Proprietary Player Software Loaded onto Drive for a Self-Contained Player Experience for MAC and PC, auto-plays
- MAC/PC Compatible
- MP4 for Video using Lynx Player or Full DVD and Motion Menu Capability using Lynx Player Lockable USB’s or both
Please note: This item cannot be played on smart TVs.